I received a letter from IDA asking them to contact officials in Korea asking them "politely that for the health of Korean citizens and for the millions of dogs who are already suffering unimaginable cruelties, they must not allow the legalization of the dog meat trade.  Urge them to create an enforceable ban on the sale of dog meat."

The letter stated that cats are eaten as well.  I think it's just right now that they are considering legalizing (officially) dog meat.

I changed around/cut and pasted the letter below and sent it to the following 3 people.  If you have time to do it, here are the emails and the letter I used.

1-Ambassador Han (in Washington) [EMAIL PROTECTED]

2-Minister Han (no relation. ha!) Minister of Office for Govt. Policy Coordination  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

3-Honorable Hur (Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry) [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I am writing you to please use your position in your government to create an enforceable ban on the sale of dog meat in Korea.  I know Americans are looked upon as hypocrites in this area, but I am a vegetarian and do not eat any animals.  Still, it is especially horrible to think of the lives of the dogs and cats slaughtered cruelly for food in your country.  Please urge your country NOT to legalize the dog meat trade.  Thank you for your time and consideration.

Tonya Tolbert
Acworth, GA
U.S.