If you REALLY want to help animals being killed by this war, sign up to foster a military pet here:

The AMERICAN cats and dogs of soldiers who are being deployed over seas have no where to go but to be dumped or sent to local animal shelters who are already over-run by animals, and so, many of them are being killed. These are American pets, healthy, loved, and wanted, but who, because of this war, have been forced to be dumped by the enlisted men and women who own them. If more people would foster them, that would immediately save THOUSANDS of lives that have been effected by this war, right here in our own country!!! I firmly believe in saving the Iraqi dogs and cats, but it seems hypocritical for us to be going after people for not saving those animals when we haven't even saved the ones in our own country yet! This is one of the reasons WHY the Iraqi people hate us so much, because we go over there and try to tell them how to live, and control their country, but we don't even hold ourselves responsible for the same issue happening right here at home! I'm not trying to turn this into a political debate, but really, do we even have the right to complain when we can't even save our own animals here?! Think about it, and then go sign up at http://www.operationnoblefoster.org/! The lady that runs that organization is a great lady, she does purebred cat rescue, and is the main coordinator for the CFA purebred cats rescue network. Her name is Linda Mercer, and to prove how hard she works to save animals, here is her signature line from one of her emails, so you can see how dedicated she is:
Linda Pollack Mercer, M.D.
President & Rescue Coordinator
CFA Purebred Rescue, Inc.,
http://cfapurebredrescue.org , DBA Purebred Cat
Breed Rescue,
http://PurebredCatBreedRescue.org
Director, Operation Noble Foster, http://www.OperationNobleFoster.org
Director/Facilitator, http://PurebredCatBreedRescue.org
Director, http://PersianCatRescue.org
Founder & Volunteer, The Feline Rescue Network, http://www.FelineRescue.net
Moderator & Owner, The Persian Rescue Email list:
Phone (rescue emergencies only please): (888)303-9454 [toll free]
Email: <felinerescue @ felinerescue.net>(remove the spaces)
Alternate email: <wishstar @ sbcglobal.net>(remove the spaces)

Now, if we were ALL THAT dedicated to our own passions in animal rescue (this group being mainly FELV cats, rather than Linda's purebreds), THEN we might have a leg to stand on when we complain about animal welfare in other countries!