Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2005 3:06 PM
Subject: for Niki: Information

Hi Niki
Welcome, and you have definitely come to the right place.
As I'm not a seasoned member, I hesitate to give you answers directly to your Qs. But just in case it's a slow day (weekends can be slow) and you don't get direct responses quickly, I've pulled up some excellent, recent info (in response to Qs like your own) from some of our members who ARE extremely knowledgeable (scroll down). In answer to your first Q, my vet prescribed the interferon I got for my FeLV brood, Walgreen's obtained it for me, and my vet then diluted it. The cost of the inteferon --enough to last a year for my 5 cats--was $49.
Never apologize for asking questions--ask as many as you like. You won't find a more supportive, generous and knowledgeable bunch of people than the members of this weblist. It's been a godsend for me.
And, good luck with your kitty---I'm sending him lots of positive healing vibes. Ziggy is lucky to have found such a caring mom. Kerry