From: catatonya
Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2005 12:48 AM
Subject: Re: Information

Niki,

I'm not the  best one to give advice on the supplements as I'm not using them right now on any of my own.  I have read a lot about transfer factor, but have never used it myself.  If I were in your position I think what I would begin with is interferon.  I would call the vet and ask if it's ok to start Ziggy on it to hopefully help him fight off the virus and seroconvert.  Vets usually are ok with this.  Most vets usually recommend a half cc of diluted interferon  (Your vet will give you the amount.) for kittens.  Once you get going on the interferon if things are going well  you might then try transfer factor next, and so on.  That would be my opinion.

Does Ziggy stay indoors only?  I would keep him away from other cats right now because you don't want to risk him being exposed to the virus at this stage obviously.  You also don't want to take chances with kitty colds or anything else when you're trying to boost his immune system.  I'm sure others will chime in with more advice and you can just pick and choose what works best for you and Ziggy.

tonya

Nicholena Rushton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Tonya:

Thanks you so much for the information.  Any suggestions on food that I should be giving him?  Right now I am giving him Iams Kitten Formula and catmilk (I think by Wiskas) every once in a while as a treat.  Should I start vitamin C and the interferon now?  If so what would the dosage be?  I have been reading some stuff about something called Transfer Factor and am a bit confused by what I have read about it.  DO you have anything yu could tell me - is it even worth it?  I have to let you know that you have quelled my nerves somewhat as I went bonkers when I first heard of the + test and began to think the worst.  Now it is nice to know Ziggy can have a productive life for whatever time I am going to be blessed by him.

Niki