Yes, that's usually what I do - no problems that I can recall...
Gloria

On Jun 13, 2005, at 9:51 AM, Del Daniels wrote:

Did you begin with 250 mg Vitamin C without kitty having diarrhea?

Del
----- Original Message -----
From: Gloria Lane
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2005 6:40 PM
Subject: Re: Vitamin C questions

Hey there Del!  Good point - absolutely,  it can cause diarrhea in
animals and in people.  If so, you back off of the quantity a little,
and keep doing that till no diarrhea.

I take it regularly too, not Belfields though, I take Rainbow Light
Powder.  The bottle of Belfields Vit C  has directions - but  they're
downstairs, and I can't remember what it says.  But in general, I've
always used about 200-500mg daily (if I can get disciplined enough to
do daily).  Start low, even lower than that if you wish, and build up.

Dr. Belfield is the vet who says that he's had FELV+ cats go negative
after several months of the Vit C therapy.  Well my # of cats
increased, and my discipline decreased, so I stopped the vitamin C to
adjust myself for a while. Have to start it back up.

Seems like it was Dr. Pitcairn's book that said, for upper
respiratory infections, to give 250 mg Vit C, plus 250mg Lysine twice
daily.  I used to do that for Lucy, and it worked well - she died in
2001, I think.

Gloria