From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robin Sarafinchan
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 12:26 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: pls add Norman to the CLS

I've been off and on the list since one of our cats tested positive almost 2 years ago.  Norman was quite healthy up until a month ago when he became lethargic and his appetite diminished.

Blood work showed him to be anemic (13) so we did a transfusion which improved his condition a bit for a few weeks but he still wasn't eating much and hadn't much energy.

Tuesday night suddenly he could no longer stand up and seemed in real distress so we took him to the vet in the morning and helped him cross over to the bridge.

It's always an agonizing decision to make but I feel it was the right one.

I just wanted to thank you to everyone for their advice and for listening.  This is the third cat we've lost in less than 2 years (the others due to other illnesses).

For statistics, Norman was 5 years old but I don't know how long he was FELV+ (was only initially tested 2 years ago).  It's such a horrible disease, I hope someday some of my money can go to research.

For now, we're going to retest our other three cats, hope they continue to be negative and go from there.   I know there will be more furkids in our lives.

Thank you for listening.

Robin

Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP is moving our Chicago office to the Hyatt Center, 71 S. Wacker Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60606. Email addresses, telephone numbers, and facsimile numbers remain unchanged. For more information, click the link below or copy / paste the link into the address bar of your Web browser:

http://www.mayerbrownrowe.com/chicago/move.asp

Please Note: Some administrative functions will be located at 230 S. LaSalle, Chicago IL, 60604.

Have a purrfect day
Cherie