From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Hideyo Yamamoto
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2005 12:23 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: George update - part II

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much everyone for sending George and myself a positive energy and prayer!!

I finally CAUGHT George last night – I tell you it was one of the most scary things I had to do (emotional wise).  I knew that I was not going to be given a second chance if I messed it up, but I also did not want to regret by not trying since I did not know how long he was going to come see me regularly like he has been for the past two weeks, which has been a miracle to me as well.

Anyway, I finally caught him in a fish net, and it was not a pretty site – he got all tangled in a net and I had a very difficult time to transfer him from the net to a dog trap – I had to tear up all the net to get him out - but no matter how difficult it was, I was so determined not to mess it up – I kept apologizing to George about scaring him like this while I was doing it  – poor baby, his mouth was bleeding from the net – I felt so bad – but I somehow he knew that I was doing so to help him (because he did not bite me (and he so could have), and let me scratch his head during this trauma-

He is in a crate right now, he ate all the food I gave to him last night (chicken with broth) and even ate some dry food, too – I was very glad, because some feral cats I rescue usually don’t eat for at least 24 hour or so due to the stress –

I am planning to take him in to a vet soon, am not sure if I should have them anesthetize him for a brief time so that they can draw a blood from him and check him out thoroughly  (I hate to do that to him), or try to hold him without anesthesia which also can be stressful.  He is not neutered yet, but I would like to wait until his health recovers and I know what we are dealing with before I have him go though the surgery.

I also let Squeaky out from a crate (she is the one who has been tested negative, positive, equivocal, and indeterminate and all that stuff on FIV test since March) – she was in a crate for so long, I couldn’t do it to her  anymore – I promised her a good life when I re-trapped her after my neighbor dumped, and I feel like I was not keeping my promise to her though I only mean to keep her in a crate for a very short amount of time, and I did not expect this test results back that way for that long – anyway, she IS finally OUT of a crate – when I did, I cried so hard, I did not know why, but the tears couldn’t stop falling – I guess I was glad that she was finally out - she is very cute, she still goes back to a crate to sleep as she feels safe there – but I am leaving the door open so that she can go back and forth if she wants to – this morning I found her on the bed with me, as soon as she saw me wake, she freaked out and jumped down…

Please pray that George’s health will only get better going forward!  Thank you again everyone for your support!

Hideyo

Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP is moving our Chicago office to the Hyatt Center, 71 S. Wacker Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60606. Email addresses, telephone numbers, and facsimile numbers remain unchanged. For more information, click the link below or copy / paste the link into the address bar of your Web browser:

http://www.mayerbrownrowe.com/chicago/move.asp

Please Note: Some administrative functions will be located at 230 S. LaSalle, Chicago IL, 60604.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Any advice expressed above as to tax matters was neither written nor intended by the sender or Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP to be used and cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer. If any such tax advice is made to any person or party other than to our client to whom the advice is directed, then the advice expressed above is being delivered to support the promotion or marketing (by a person other than Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP) of the transaction or matter discussed or referenced. Each taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayers particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.