I really feel that we’ve got to actually see whatever the place is – I think we owe it to ourselves and our kitties to make sure that this is a place  we want our kitties to stay – they might not be the bad people, and they might be honestly think their place is sufficient, and or even a wonderful place for our cats to be – but our standard is all different and we don’t really want to rely on the description told on the phone – but we have to see them in our own eyes –

I also had a similar situation, and the guy who operates the place (in NM) sounded very nice and caring – but we decide to see it – again, he was very proud of the facility – but the place was nothing that we want our kitties to be – as a mater of fact, I almost wanted to bring their kitties back with us –

Hideyo

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chris
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 11:17 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: RE: [FivCats] I need placement help for Domino

I had somewhat of a similar situation when I tried to find a home for Big Boy (FELV+) & also live in Westchester.  Several rescue groups gave me the name of a man who took all their FELV+ cats; they swore by him but had never been to his home.  When I called him, he would not tell me where he was & said his arrangements with local rescue groups was to meet them in a parking lot to pick up their cats!  He may have been great but I just could not go with that…  Joke is that with his phone # I found his address in Yahoo in two seconds flat!  As for the rescuer listed here, I bet if somewhat called her vet they might hear a different story than she presents!