What about actually taking the vial(s) of blood to the vet? Too late for this visit, but maybe in the future you could set it up to run the blood to the vet that gets the results back the same day. I'm so nervous for you. My prayers and good wishes are always with you, but I'll be especially focusing good energy toward the two of you tomorrow!
Nina

MacKenzie, Kerry N. wrote:

Thanks so much Nina, for thinking of us.

Believe me, I have no problem asking for a copy of lab tests. He**, I've paid for them. I've done this before--showed them to other vets. And, I don't feel I have to tell the first vet I'm doing that, esp when it's an emergency (as in fact it always has been). It's a business to them, and they got their $$!

I suppose if it were a vet I wanted to use long-term then I might say something, just to keep the wheels oiled.

As I don't yet have a housecall vet I'm happy with, plus the housecall vet took 48 hours to get the lab results back to me (the clinic I use gets them back the same day (provided the appointment is before 11am) I'll have to take her to the vet again. Once Flavia's there, she's quite quiet, poor little sweetheart.

Wish us luck tomorrow--that the count is no less than 21! She will NOT take the antibiotics. So far she's made it very clear.

I'll ask about injectables tomorrow.

Thanks again Nina---Kerry & Flav.