Dear Stephanie:

If you e-mail the info to me, I can pass it on to Dr. Dana Gleason the vet
who started our local Spay/Neuter project for ferals...I've found her to be
very
helpful with my own questions about drugs and dosages in that she realizes we
who do rescue ferals are not able to take these uncooperative (in most cases)
patients to a regular vet and afford their fees.  I might be able to get a
confimation of appropriate dosage for the drugs from her.  Or I can ask her if
she would be OK with my giving her e-address to you, so you can ask her
directly.

Have you tried doing a computer search for info on the drugs in question?
Another source of info would be a medical library, if there is a vet school
anywhere near you.  Like human doctors with their code of ethics which tends to
close ranks and discourage doctors from helping you investigate possible abuse
by one of their peers or get involved, many vets may have the same inclination.
 Have you requested a copy of TeeCee's records?  Did you keep the empty or
near-empty containers of the meds given to him?

Do you just want to know, for your own peace of mind (or not)?  I learned
from my own sad experience with a Vet from Hell who forced me to allow her to
euthanize a cat by threatening to have him seized by Animal Control if I did
not
(and of course every rescuer's worst nightmare is having AC come pay them a
visit and count noses) that there is little recourse, legally, in dealing with
vet whose ethics leave much to be desired.  Most states consider cats
personal property, with a value limited to "replacement cost" so unless one is
wealthy enough to afford an attorney's fees regardless of liklihood of
recovery, or
your pet is a TV star like Morris, it is a no go.  If you are able to find out
this vet did try to deliberately harm TeeCee, about all you can really do is
file a complaint with the state veterinary medical board for review of the
situation.

Sally in San Jose