Belinda--I'm sorry to hear about yr friend's bad experience. Awful, but it
doesn't surprise me any more. I've used Drs Dodin and Dr Rovner for years
and trust and like them
both. They were at Higgins till recently and have both left (owner is a
jerk-- tell your friend to avoid Dr Humphrey Roberts, the owner of Higgins).
Also tell her to avoid McKillips Animal Hospital, and the Mayfair clinic.)

But tell me where your friend lives and when I get back (22nd) I'll see if I
can help further with nearer clinics. Kerry

Dr Dodin can be contacted at Abell Animal Hospital, 773 631 6727.

Scott Rovner, owner of Roscoe Village Animal Hospital, 3131 N Clybourn
(almost next door to Emergency Clinic) tel 773 549 3131. Problem: his clinic
is very new, and still a work-in-progress, and he may not be available every
day.

Another housecall vet I've not used but that comes very highly recommended
by a close friend who had to have her dog PTS. Dr Alisse Mawrence, 773 575
7387. She does evenings and weekends too. But she can take some time to
respond -- she also works at Chicago Emergency Services.

Doctor Teuber at Higgins, 1705 W. Belmont (Paulina & Belmont), tel: 773 525
0472.  I've only seen her once (yesterday) but i liked her. She was easy to
talk to and responsive to ideas.