Oh Kerry, I'm so sorry it was her time, but it sounds like she had a peaceful passing and was able to be with you.  Our thoughts and tears are with you..
<<<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>

Kerry MacKenzie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dear all
My sweet, gorgeous little girl Flavia is gone.
It all happened so quickly. When I went in to check on her at 9.30am (she
had seemed fine at 6am and later), she was hiding in the carrier, and seemed
to be breathing more rapidly than the others. I also noticed than someone
had vomited--a first, if my memory serves me right, since they all arrived
in December 2003. I figured it was probably Flavia. Someone else has also
been urinating a little over the past few days out of the box--again, a
first. I thought it was probably Flavia.
So, seeing her fast breathing, I panicked, and took her immediately to the
vet I saw yesterday, Dr Teuber, and she confirmed that her respiratory rate
had increased since yesterday. We ran a PCV, and it had plummeted to 10,
from 16 1/2 at 4pm yesterday.
I actually think Flavia was ready. She didn't want to play at all last night
(she hasn't been able to play the way she used to--leaping in the air to
catch the "bug"--for a few weeks, presumably because she hasn't had the
energy). Her quality of life was going downhill. It's a pity we didn't get a
chance to use the IR, which I had had fedexed to 2 clinics. (Her IR would
have probably begun later this week--I had the housecall vet set up, and
just had to set a schedule.)
I was/am a mess, but Flavia and I had a long cuddle, which was really
lovely, and helped a lot, for which I am very grateful. The vet was a
wonderful woman, who I only met yesterday (Dr Teuber at Higgins, Belinda--do
tell your Chicago friend.). Looks like I may not have terminated my
relationship with Higgins after all...
I am grateful that Flavia gave me the signs today, while I was still here
and able to help her.act on it immediately. The thought of her fighting for
breath for hours, or suffering in any way, while I was gone, and no one here
apart from the petsitter 30 mins a day, was not something I could accept. (I
did not want to hospitalize her.)
I'm going to miss her terribly. I loved that little soul. I've been a bit of
a mess over the thought of losing her for the last 2 weeks, and shed more
tears than I thought humanly possible. She was a tabby, very feminine,
elfin-faced, with streaks of auburn and coffee and cream on her underside
and a long, beautiful, elegant tail. Last night I stroked her with a feather
for a long time and she really enjoyed it--stretching luxuriously. And, of
course, she became much more willing to be stroked and held over the past
few days.
Thanks to everyone for their prayers and good wishes. If I'm not in touch
again today, I send lots of healing vibes for all the sick kitties, and I'll
be in touch again the weekend of the 23rd.
Goodbye, my gorgeous Flavia.
Kerry