Thanks for all the great feedback about Misha. I
understand more about her type of FeLV. FeLv can cause
changes in the intestinal wall. Parasites and bacteria
more commonly mulitply and cause diarrhea in FeLV
infected cats. We have found in Misha's case its
bacteria that causes her diarrhea. Thats why drugs like
Flagyl and the cortcosteriods have temporarily
alleviated her problem. I would say, from the feedback
I've gotten from some of you, that because she has this
"type" of FeLv, that her symptoms are very much like
those of a cat with IBD. I'm so glad that you all have
helped me understand and that I was able to talk to the
other vet (that isn't so pessimistic) at the aninal
hospital where I take Misha. I know now that I don't
have to get rid of my sweet kitty and although the only
cure is a miracle, there is help. Yea she does get
"cattitude" and I'm going to have to watch her closely
around the baby and it's going to be a bit aggravating
to change her diet to wet food but my other six cats
get attitude and even my tortie bobtail (that sleeps
with us and thinks she's my baby now) is going to have
to be watched around the baby when he gets here.
Thanks again,
Melody (GO GATORS!)

CFAITH - Your Online Faith Family - http://www.cfaith.com

  • Re: Misha Paul Jr