Sorry to hear about the kitties. I have had some kittens that died from it. I have learned alot though. Kittens can overcome panleuk, but they have to be kept very hydrated. I would get a bag of fluids and small needles from the vet, and administer subcutaneously just between the shoulder blades. Also, a great product to use for any dehydrated cats and kittens is Pedialyte (unflavored, of course). Just syringe it orally as much as they can tolerate and repeat, repeat, repeat. With panleuk, as well as intestinal parasites, the kittens usually wind up dying from dehydration, not the actual problem. Also, feed them cooked steamed rice with chicken or turkey broth. Baby food is good too, but be careful not to buy baby food with onion powder in it. Please tell her to get her other cats vaccinated. Good luck, hope this helps. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Nina" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 1:49 PM
Subject: OT - Sally in trouble with Panluek

Hello Everyone,

Poor Sally (from San Jose) is waging a terrible battle with Panleukopenia kittens. The mother and four babies, (about 4 or 5 weeks old) were rescued from a back yard situation. She has already lost two of the kittens one of which was diagnosed by a vet with Panleukopenia. Her computer is down and she is desperately seeking help with remedies for vomiting, (the poor little guys can't keep the meds down). They don't have diarrhea yet, (do have soft stool), they are starting to refuse food, as of this morning neither had a temp. So far they have been given 4 doses of Arsenicum Album (6c once an hour), they are getting Transfer Factor Stress formula and Amoxi, (prescribed by vet) and subq fluids. Not only is she losing these sweet babies one at a time, but the rest of her cats, (a whole houseful) are being put in danger. Anyone that thinks they could help, please write me off-list and I'll send you her phone number, or pass on the info. Say a prayer for the babies, their Momma and the rest of Sally's cats, (some of which have not been vaccinated!).
Thanks,
Nina