I'm catching up with list slowly....Sheila, I'm so sorry to hear you lost your dear Spanky. I can well imagine your fears about Buck right on the heels of your mourning Spanky, so it's great to hear the good news. Buck sounds such an amazing guy--and a ripe old age too--from everything you say (a lifetime of Fancy Feast?)---it sounds like he "bucks' all the trends. More power to his paw. I love it that only his mom would do when it came to eating his dinner--not convenient to be sure, but boy, what a bond it shows you two have!
Wishing Buck many more years of good living.
hugs, Kerry
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 10:12 AM
Subject: Buck is Home

Thanks everyone for your prayers and good wishes for Buck. Much to my and the Vets surprise Buck came home this morning and he seems to be doing fine. The first couple of days I had to go to the Docs to feed him, he want eat for anyone but me. They put him on Hill's S/D dry and he loves it. I could never get him to eat anything but Fancy Feast at home. I'm so surprised that he likes it, I never had a cat who would eat it. They don't recommend PU surgery for him because of his felv. The Vet said we should pts,but my husband said no way not without a fight. I'm so glad he stood his ground because Buck is acting like his old self again. If we had listen to docs we would have pts 12 yrs ago. The Vet said he can't guarantee that he want block again, but I will do everything I can to try to prevent it. I have a lot of research to do on diet, because I've always been told dry food is not good for kitties who have blocked and giving Buck medicine is like trying to sand paper a tigers behind. I can't even get him to let me give him water. He is not a feral but he sure acts like it if you try to put anything in his mouth. He weighs 16 lb. now down form his usual 20 and still very strong. So any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again everyone. I don't know what I would do without this list and all the wonderful people on it.  Sheila, Buck and the gang.