From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Fri Aug 5, 2005  9:05 am
Subject: Re: "150 Bengals" in Vermont
hubcatsboston
Offline Offline
Send Email Send Email
Maybe he can't count, either!
Update from Gita:
The information in the original posting is not quite correct.  The Dr had not yet contacted any of the local VT shelters and is now working with them to try and place as many cats as possible.  Here's an email from one of the shelters on this matter:

Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 2:14 PM
Subject: Weston, VT cats

Good afternoon everyone,

I am sending out this email on behalf of Dr. Bruce Legallis of Eastwood Animal clinic here in Rutland. We at the RCHS work closely with him.  Some of you may have seen the emails that Dr. Legallis is dealing with a hoarder situation in Weston, VT on his own because , to quote the email, "The local animal rescues, humane societies and animal control refuse to get involved."  This perplexed some of us because we knew nothing of the situation.  I spoke with Dr. Legallis yesterday and he wanted to apologize to all Vermont humane socieites for this statement as he  had yet to approach any of us!  He is working with national breed rescue organizations to place the cats after they are health  Oh, and Bruce doesn't have email which is another reason I am sending this out!    Any questions, please feel free to email or call.  Thanks,
Jessica Morris
Animal Services Director
Rutland County Humane Society
802-483-9171
RCHS Shelter Hours  Tues-Sat  12-6
Phone: 802-483-6700

If you can help, please contact Ms. Morris.

Gita Devi