>From everything I have read from Karolyn and Jenn they are both good people.
This is a general plea to a) please read email correctly before hitting the
keyboard and b) think before you respond. I thought hard for all of 20
seconds before writing this, but I really do feel i have to stand up and
defend Karolyn here, who did not deserve this and was commendably restrained
in her response. I know some will say it's over and done with, and Jenn
apologized, and I shouldn't drag this up now, but that's the trouble with
the written word--it's there forever, and it shocked me right here tonight.
Kerry

----- Original Message -----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005 8:53 AM
Subject: Re: housing/fostering of FeLV+ cats

Wait, you said you will take in EVERY FELV+ cat that is offered to you,
sight unseen? How many do you have now? I know of about 200 or so in need of
homes at any given time. I can call all of the shelters and tell them to
stop euthanising FELV+ cats, and instead give them all to you. Sorry, I hate
to be a sarcastic sounding bitch, but your offer rings of insincerity and/or
an unrealistic offer.

Can you provide two veterinary references, plus three personal references
not related to you? Are you a member of, or have you worked with any rescue
groups? If so, can we have their contact info? Do you have pictures of your
property and current cats? How large is your cat house? Are all cats kept
indoors only, or contained in some kind of cat proof fencing? Do you cage
cats, or let them roam freely in the house? How far do you pursue treatment
for these cats, do you use any of the treatments listed on our website? At
what point do you consider it time to let a cat go, and humanely euthanise
him/her? Do you have a staff, or do you take care of all the litterboxes,
feeding, medical care, vet visits, grooming, and socializing yourself?

Maybe you are a kind person who just does not realize the scope of the
problem outside your own little area. With an offer like you just made, you
would be overrun with hundreds of cats within days to weeks. All of us here
try to take in what we can, when we can. There is only a limited number of
cats any one person can manage at one time.

Jenn