To the group.......
I am sorry for all the missed condolences, I have been down for two days and this is the first email that has come through from the site.

I am sorry for all your recent losses, Susan Butternut sounds precious and I am sure out of pain.

On an up note, I have brought a new baby into my house her name is "Baby" and she is just an itsy bitsy thing, I will have her picture up on my website starting Sept 1st....she was not planned but very loved ;-))

Sorry I have been out of touch, I have been really sick for about two months now and I am just recovering....
Big huggs all around
Cherie

Susan Loesch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
How neat!  My Creamsicle was my foster kitty but he ended up being the little one who sleeps curled up in my arms every night - and on top of me every time I sit down - so he isn't going anywhere!

Julie Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have a 'Creamsicle', too!!! Yummy!

Susan Loesch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hmmm.   I've also got Popcorn and Creamsicle and last fall lost Orange Julius!

Julie Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'll bet they are, Susan!  "Those Mom's of ours were always thinking about FOOD"!

Susan Loesch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks, Julie - I wonder if they are laughing at us for the names we come up with!

Julie Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dear Susan,

I am so sorry for your loss; my heart breaks for you.  How wonderful that Butternut was lucky enough to join your family and spend his too-short life surrounded by love.  I hope your memories will comfort you and I know how terribly hard it is, but I also hope you can celebrate his life and not simply mourn his passing.  I'm sure he's found Tater Tot and they're having a grand time and speculating about why we're so fond of food-related names.

Take care of yourself.

Love, Julie

Susan Loesch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yesterday I lost Butternut to this evil disease.  He was 3 1/2 years
old - so I know he has lived longer than most babies born positive - but
is wasn't long enough.  It never is, is it.

I am in Arkansas and over 3 years ago there was a situation in the
northern part of the state - out in the sticks somewhere - where lots of
cats were left at a trailer park of some sort.  It was in the news that a
vet had been hired to euthanize them all.

2 members of our rescue group headed up there to see what could be done
-- all they managed to save was one little orange tabby boy, Butternut,
who tested positive for feleuk.  Since I already had feleuk babies,
including Gloria's Mittens and my Leader and their littermates, who were
the same age as Butternut, I took him.  He has been wonderfully healthy
and happy and very much loved for the whole of his short life.

Over the last couple of days he went downhill fast and yesterday lost the use of
his hind legs.  We chose to free him before he began to really suffer.
I know he is playing at the Rainbow Bridge with Mittens and the rest of
our feleuk babies.  Thanks.

"I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is
to protection by man from the cruelty of man. "

by the way its animals are treated."

Mohandas Gandhi (1869-1948)

Paws Come WITH Claws!!!

If you're thinking about de-clawing your cat, you need to re-think your decision to acquire a pet.

http://mail.yahoo.com