Lisa,
   I actually think Nina is right-- while looking for an internist and trying to get a fast appointment, call your regular vet and ask him to prescribe some basic treatments. I would ask him to prescribe doxicycline (in case it is Hemobarnonella) and dexamethasone (in case it is an auto-immune reaction) and to start Cloud on Immuno-Regulin shots.  The only problem with giving dexamethasone is that if it is lymphoma and you might want to do chemo, they say to wait on steroids until the chemo is started. Dexamethasone helps shrink lymphoma, but can make chemo less effective.
Michelle