A blood transfusion comes to mind immediately. I can't believe your vet would
send
home a cat with WHITE gums WITHOUT doing a transfusion, actually (or at LEAST
some
supplements, and telling you of the OPTION of transfusion). I agree with Tad,
your
vet sounds like she/he is bordering on malpractice. Do you have any other cats?
It
may be possible that your vet does not stock blood, or have any donor cats
available
(and didn't inform you of this option because it isn't an option at HIS/HER
clinic).
If you have another cat or two, they could be blood typed to see if they could
be
donors for Cloud. Otherwise, I'd be immediately calling around other area vet's
until
I found one that:

1. knows what hemobartonella is, and can do the test for it.
2. has the blood on hand and can do transfusions in their office.
3. doesn't give you any excuses about "leukemia kicking in", and seems willing
aggressively FIGHT to save Cloud's life.

Jenn
http://ucat.us
http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
Adopt a cat from UCAT rescue:
http://ucat.us/adopt.html
Adopt a FIV+ cat:
http://jenn.rescuegroup.org/FELV/FIV/
http://ucat.us/FIVadopt.html
Adopt a FELV+ cat:
http://ucat.us/FELVadopt.html
I believe she only had the FeLV test, they said when the cat gums turn
white, they are very anemic. If they are indeed anemic, does that means it
white blood cells are take over the red blood cells? Is there anything that
you know of that can be given to her to help her, if indeed this is here
problem...Lisa