oh, sigh.

do we (that's the collective we) have a basic primer on FeLV--about
how many cats throw it off, how vaccinated cats living with positives
stay negative, etc--that we can mail off to folks? the best friends'
article on FIV is SO clear, so simple, and has saved SO many lives....
obviously, FeLV is not as simple, but if there was something we all
had access to help make people come to reasoned decisions about the
cats they so often love, i think it might help.... we shouldn't have
to rewrite it individually each time.....

on saturday, i spent more than an hour on the phone with a vet from
OH. she volunteers at a shelter that has actually KEPT two FeLV
kittens for retesting--they're both close to being tested again, and
she wanted to know about placement options, alternatives, etc. by the
end of the conversation, she was seriously considering just taking the
two babies home to her already-vaccinated household, and thanked me
for both giving her information she had NOT had before, but also for
confirming things she's suspected about how the virus actually works.
there ARE people out there willing to listen and able to hear--i think
it'd be great if we could work together to come up with something that
we all could use....

i actually wrote up such a piece months ago for a couple of local
rescues, but to be honest i don't even have the time to look for it
now..... any suggestions? links? leads?

--
MaryChristine

AIM / YAHOO: TenHouseCats