I would be cautious in using laser pointers as toys -
I know they love it and I bring mine out a couple
times a year, but it can make some kitties go a little
nuts.  One of the clinic cats where I take my boys
lost it after having played with the laser toy and
kept looking for the red dot to the point she was
attacking other kitties.  No more lasers and she was
on meds for a while but is OK now.  Just something to
keep in mind!

--- maimaipg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My alternative vet recommends transfer factor and
> MacroForce for boosting the immune system.  The
> active ingredient in Macro Force is available in
> other brands.  This just happens to be the easiest
> to get in my area of the country.  She also uses
> laser (as has me use a regular laser pointer) on
> various points on the cat's body.  It acts sort of
> like acupuncture.  You would have to get someone to
> show you the points or try to figure it out from the
> internet.  Keep the light out of the eyes.  But
> enjoy running the light in circles around the cat.
> Mine love to chase the little red dot they can't
> catch.  For $20 it is a wonderful toy even if you
> can't figure the alternative med stuff out.   It
> stimulates their interest and gives them exercise
> that has to help their morale.

"My cat the clown:  paying no mind to whom he should impress.  Merely living
his life, doing what pleases him, and making me smile."
               - Anonymous