-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nina
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 1:46 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Update on Princess Grace

Grace and I could use your prayers and good vibrations. She has been
feeling poorly the last couple of months. Usually when she feels crummy

I put her on a round of Dox, and she feels better almost immediately.
Not so, this time. I put her on Dox and she didn't improve
significantly. I took her off of Dox and started the five day protocol
of Virbagen Omega, (injections of feline interferon, 1x daily). Again,
she improved slightly, but not significantly. After the 4th day, I
stopped the VO and put her back on Dox. She's been getting the Dox
again for about a week, she continues to improve, but is still not
herself. I've also been giving her oral interferon (chasing the Dox
pill with it), transfer factor, Lysine, Co-Q10 etc. Her appetite is
off, so I had to stop the supplements to get her to eat. I'm going to
try some transdermal Cyproheptadine to see if it helps her eat more.
You may think I'm crazy, (so what's new?), but I talked to two different

ACs that told me they did not think there were any tumors involved, or
problems with any of her internal organs, just a feeling of general
malaise. I had an appointment with our Internist today, but Grace seems

to have improved more in the last couple of days, so I canceled it. It
was a difficult decision to make. Grace suffers greatly from the stress

involved in a visit to the vet and knowing that there would be several
different tests involved to determine what is going on with her...
Well, I just decided not to put her through it. There's been too many
times that after the trauma and expense, nothing new has been learned.
I don't feel completely confident in this decision, but if she doesn't
continue to improve I can still bring her in later. I'm waiting for a
call from the vet to discuss a different antibiotic in case Grace has
finally built a resistance to Doxycycline. For heavens sake, we don't
even know why Dox has worked for her! Anyway, if you could take a
moment to think of my Grace and wish her well, it would be greatly
appreciated.
Nina