No, vets still use Baytril a lot. They just advise people that it very rarely causes retinal detachment and to be cautious for this reason. But it is a strong broad spectrum antibiotic that helps with a lot of infections that do not respond to other drugs. In Lucy's case, she is a lot better on Clavamox or amoxi than with nothing, but still has an infection even with them. But she has bladder stones, so it may be hard to get rid of the infection entirely until the stones are gone. The best bet for getting rid of it entirely, apparently, is to get the bacteria-specific screen done and use the antibiotic specific to that bacteria, but it requires leaving her off antibiotics for another 5 days.
Michelle