    From: Susan Loesch <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org <mailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
    Sent: Friday, September 16, 2005 3:01 PM
    Subject: Re: Our Beautiful Salome'

    Terri, I love the Daddy's Girl picture on your web site.  I know you
    both are grieving and I send you hugs and prayers.

    Terri Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
    wrote:

        Maybe this is what I get for bragging.
Our Big Beautiful Girl, her Daddy's Salome', has left us for the
        Rainbow Bridge as of 10:15 AM this morning.
She had been doing so well -- was sick only once in her whole
        life, last summer.  She got over that URI all by herself,
without antibiotic. She stopped eating just about 5 days ago. No visible reason, but then she started vomiting, and had loose
        stool.  We finally took her to the vet on Wednesday thinking
        maybe she had swallowed something that was causing stomach
        distress.  We checked her for blockage, and ran a blood panel.
X-rays were clear. Some distension due to gas, but no foreign
        objects or anything.  However, her white cell count was 8, her
        kidneys were not functioning to capacity, and her liver was in
        end stage failure.  We brought home an anti-emitic and
        amoxi-drops, but she still refused to eat, would not allow force
        feeding, and vomited up the medication.
This morning, she had bloody diarrhea and bloody urine. Her
        Daddy (my husband Dan) finally saw that he needed to end her
        pain.  Her bottom was all swollen and leaky and her bones were
        starting to show.  She was looking hollow -- not much of her
        left when she would make eye contact.
I have a splitting headache. My husband is weeping, and beating
        himself up over this, even though we know that she was suffering
        and is now free from her pains.  Now she is free to romp and
        play with her sisfurs and her brofurs that have gone before her
        -- especially her litter-mate Ruthie-Girl, who has been waiting
        for her sisfur Salome' at the Rainbow Bridge for 9 years.
Whether or not she was truly FeLV+ I don't really know -- but I
        am grateful that I had the privilege of sharing her life on
        earth.  I thank God that He entrusted her to our care, and that
        she saw fit to bring us her baby brofur Travis to taker her
        place in playing with the soda bottle caps and paper bags.  He
        is so much liker her already, it's scary.  He's like both of
        them -- Salome' and Ruthie both.
The furkid photos link in my signature has pictures of her for
        any of you who don't remember what she looked like, or for those
        of you who just want to take another look.
To my felvtalk family -- Please add her to the next Candle light
        service?  I thank God every day that He provided this list.  I
        don't think I would have gotten through these past 6 years
        without all of you to fall back on -- in both times of sorrow
        and in times of joy.
Goodnight, my sweet darling Salome'....... =^..^= Terri, Siggie the Tomato Vampire, Guinevere, Sammi,
        Travis, and 6 furangels: RuthieGirl, Samantha, Arielle, Gareth,
        Alec and Salome' =^..^=
Furkid Photos! http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7sgqa/
        My FeLV Site:
        http://pages.ivillage.com/ruthiegirl1/MyFeLVinformationSite/