Try Feliway spray with your feral cat.  It has worked wonders with the ones I have taken in.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2005 11:24 AM
Subject: Re: Assist feeding Grace - Darla's recipe

With my distemper kittens, my holistic vet gave me basically the same recipe.
We started the kits out w/ colustrum w/ olive leaf extract, and now, since the girls are doing so well, we have continued w/ the recipe, in addition to sarting them on a "raw diet", basically lamb & brown rice.....We d/c'ed the colostrum, but continue w/ olive leaf.
My vet has me make the rice "wet", and collect the extra liquid, as a brown rice water to be added to feedings.
Just thought I'd share also, since these 2 were literally on death's door, and after losing 3 already, our hopes were not "high".
Moonshade & Taylor are thriving........
Taylor "doubling" her weight in the last month!!
Another 30 days isolation, spay after that & then the FUN begins..... finding them GREAT homes!!!
It's been a hellish kitten season, SIGH...... It seems they NEVER get any better.
I still have the 2 little boys from the feral mom, looking for homes for them also...
Continuing my efforts w/ their mom, Charity, is a very slow progress. At least she doesn't attack me anymore. I think I am gaining her trust, very slowly. I don't know what to do with her....
I see she looks "sad" being crated, but I am afraid to release her just yet. (Still not comfortable w/ that idea...traffic in this town is HORRIBLE, as we live on the Main St., and on "grade", so traffic FLIES uphill, 24 hours a day. lots of big trucks.)
Well, just thought I'd share. Get some of my "weight" off my chest. I truely have been so busy this summer.
Busier in "retirement" then I planned on.
Best to all,
 Patti