Nina, I have been reading about your struggles with Gracie and so sorry that you lost this precious baby.  She was so lucky to have you!!!! She really, truly was.  She isn't far away from you. I believe this with all my heart.  She will always be with you.  My prayers are with you.  God Bless.

Faye

Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thank you Mary Christine, and thank you to everyone that has been there
with us throughout our journey together. Your support has meant the
world to us.

Grace is free now. She was more than ready to go, she was anxious to
go. She knew two days ago, I knew yesterday. Thankfully she didn't
seem to suffer too much in her last days, just very tired, very ready.
I'm glad it was our beloved Dr. Ortega that helped her across. She
never left my touch and I spoke to her the whole time. It was gentle
and peaceful, Dr. Ortega was kind and considerate, just like we knew she
would be. There was no trouble finding a vein in her back leg.
Blessings to those who know what they are doing. She even purred when
we entered the exam room. She had been pulling away from me these last
couple of days. That may have been the hardest aspect of her passing,
that while she was still here she was already breaking the ties that
held her to this world. I began mourning her two days ago when I knew
she would never again jump gaily in my lap. Never again be my "heart
warmer". I was asking her to let me warm her heart now, let me get her
heart chakra spinning, as she'd done for me so many times. I thought
that was never to be again. When we sat peacefully waiting for the
doctor and the gurney, she gave me the most wonderful gift. She
stretched herself out on her back in my arms and luxuriated in my
scratching her neck and her chest. I am so grateful that she chose to
be my heart warmer one more time, that she came back to me before she
had to finally leave her wonderful little body behind. Bruce and I have
just buried her in one of her favorite spots, a spot that she would sit
and watch and listen and nap for hours. It was so hard to let go of her
perfect little body for the last time. Because, you see, it was
perfect. I told her that all the time. That she was perfect, just the
way she was. I wouldn't change a thing about knowing her and loving
her. She has been an incredible joy in my life and she always will be.

The first time we almost lost her she was only 5 mos old. Gracie has
trusted me to decide what was best for her, she has been my willing
partner in trying to find a way to help her stay. It was time to trust
her, she knew what was best. We were partners, we were friends, she was
my girl and she welcomed me as her mommy without fur. I thank her for
her gifts to me and for the lessons we learned together.

Much love,
Nina

Yahoo! for Good