From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 11:46 AM
Subject: Re: Jen

Hi Guys!

We're back!  Physically, anyway, mentally, I'm still having a hard time
"recovering" from the nightmare of the evacuation!  :(

It took us over 55 hours to get from Houston to Little Rock!!  Our
evacuation route was bumper to bumper for about 50 of those hours...we
spent a couple of nights on the side of the road and, I'm not sure if it
made the local news in areas other than Texas, but we were one of those
thousands of people stranded on the side of the road because we ran out
of gas!  Thanks to a good samaritan, we were able to make our way to
Little Rock on Saturday staying just ahead of the hurricane the entire
way!  We literally could only sleep for an hour or so Friday night (we
were still in Texas at this point with no room at any hotel or shelter
until we got into Arkansas) because as the hurricane approached, it
brought tornados.  But we finally made it to Arkansas early Saturday
with animals in tow...Everyone did great despite having to be confined
to a car for two days!  Little Rock was wonderful, everyone was very
kind and helpful...we even managed to make it to the river front area
the day before we returned to Texas for a much needed beer (or two) at
an English pub called "The Underground."  :)

Anyhoo, unfortunately, I had to take Ewok to his oncologist appointment
this morning...more car trauma!!  The poor guy, just got out of the damn
car and here I am sticking him back in it for a half-hour car ride to
his doctor's appointment!  We're all very much looking forward to this
weekend!  We dodged a bullet and only lost a few tree limbs in the storm
(only 1/4" of rain!!)...it's sad to think that we would have been safer
staying in our own home during the storm!!

Hope this all makes sense!  My brain is still all over the place (I'm
absolutely exhausted)...thank you all for your positive thoughts...I
have yet to read though the list email, but I know there have been a
couple of losses (Julie and Nina??)...I believe I saw something about
Grace...  :(

Take care, all...

Jen

"But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be
unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world; You
become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed..." --Antoine de
Saint-Exupéry

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know
each other.  If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what
you do not know you will fear. What one fears one destroys." --Chief Dan
George