OMG - I live in Houston area and I am just flabbergasted that this has happened to Angela and her furchild.  I am so so very sorry.  I know we have some problems with our various "humane societies" but I have never heard anything like this about the Houston Humane Society but it certainly warrants investigation.

I for one would end up with the law after me, because I don't care what disease they told me my furchild had and I would have to surrender them, would not.  I don't let vet techs/vets take my babies "to the back" unless I am going with them.  If they say no, then I take my business elsewhere.

I am so sorry this happened to you Angela.  I hope that while this was a terrible experience to lose your special baby, that it does make you all the more determined to learn about feline leukemia and FIV and to help another special needs baby that your angel will soon send your way.

/mari

--
/mari (SpiritCat)
Until there are none, adopt one.