Dear Jen,

So happy you are all safe and sound!  I have about caught up in my email to the description of your evacuation ordeal; my goodness!

You might direct this gentleman to Dr. Addie's website:

http://www.dr-addie.com/

She has a protocol on there for treatment with human interferon; obviously a better chance would be Virbagen Omega, but an FIP kitty doesn't have time to wait for it (unless he happens to be located where it is available).  I believe more and more that there is no single answer to some of these horrible viruses, but rather a combination of therapy.  I did start Tater Tot on the human interferon protocol because it was all that was available.  She recommends other supplements, too.  I couldn't use them all because he would not eat the food with them added and he just gagged terribly if I tried to syringe them in.  He was never cooperative about meds, anyway, but if this kitten is, many people have found them to help (cod liver oil, Vitamin C, etc.).

FIP is the worst kind of a nightmare.  I hope the kitten has been misdiagnosed; it does happen!

So happy you and yours are safe!

Love, Julie

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hello All!

I just had a very heart-broken man email me about importing Virbagen
for his 5 month old kitten who was just diagnosed with FIP...I know
some of you have dealt with FIP before (successfully?), and was just
wondering if you'd have any advice! I encouraged him to join the list
as your advice is invaluable...but I decided not to wait for his reply
as (I believe) time is critical when it comes to dealing with FIP!

Thanks guys!

Jen

"But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be
unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world;
You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed..." --Antoine
de Saint-Exupéry

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know
each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and
what you do not know you will fear. What one fears one destroys." --
Chief Dan George

"I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is
to protection by man from the cruelty of man. "

by the way its animals are treated."

Mohandas Gandhi (1869-1948)

Paws Come WITH Claws!!!

If you're thinking about de-clawing your cat, you need to re-think your decision to acquire a pet.