Very interesting! Well, that explains her eyes dilating!
Michelle

In a message dated 10/25/2005 9:39:51 A.M. Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I've heard of atropine, but wasn't sure what it was for...did a quick
Google check, but couldn't quite deciper the "medical-speak!"  :)
Sounds like it's a kind of pain killer, though...and I found this tid-
bit kinda interesting:

"Atropine extracts from the Egyptian henbane were used by Cleopatra in
the last century B.C. to dilate her pupils, in the hope that she would
appear more alluring. In the Renaissance, women used the juice of the
berries of Atropa belladonna to enlarge the pupils of their eyes, for
cosmetic reasons; 'belladonna' is Italian for 'beautiful lady'."