Well, it has been a roller coaster of a weekend for
me.  My poor husband probably thinks I have gone
bonkers.  I called in sick (in tears) to work Thursday
evening (for Friday) because I thought I was going to
have to take Cricket to be PTS if he started having
difficulty breathing due to low rbc's.  Friday morning
I woke up late, having gotten some MUCH needed rest,
and Cricket seemed the same.  He didn't seem to be in
pain or having trouble breathing, so I didn't take him
to the vet.  I had taken him the evening before to get
the IV shot of ImmunoRegulin, that had just come in
the mail, thank goodness.  Saturday, I expected him to
be worse, but he wasn't.  Sunday, he seemed to be a
little stronger and alert and had gained weight from
what I could tell on the scales.  The vet called me
this morning to tell me he had read Cricket's labs (he
was out of town) and that he has a responsive anemia,
which we were under the impression that it was
non-responsive.  Non responsive is bad; not much
chance for survival.  Responsive is different.  So
that basically means Cricket has hope.  I am taking
him tomorrow for another shot of ImmunoRegulin.  I
called Dr. Mike Lies, the guy who wrote the article
titled "Volume of Opinion Warrants Merit" posted on
the Felineleukemia.org website.  He just called me
back today to verify that he had indeed written the
article in 1989, and that he still uses ImmunoRegulin.
 He actually uses EqStim, which is the same thing, and
what I ordered for Cricket on Revivalanimal.com.  They
use it for horses, but lower dosages can be used for
cats.  He said he would do .5ml twice a week for two
weeks and see how Cricket does, and keep him on the
Prednisolone.  Both vets agreed that a transfusion
would do no good as he is trying to make his own rbc's
and his body might actually fight against the new
rbc's from the transfusion.  So it's just a waiting
game now.  I am so thankful I have all of you to vent
to, if you want to call it venting.  Some might call
it whining.  Others, expressing myself.  One thing is
for sure, I feel ten times better now that Cricket has
some hope and I am pulling myself out of the dumps, as
I hope he is too.  This weekend, he spent several
hours each day out in the sun enjoying himself.
Normally when I let him out, he tries to explore other
homes, and I have to round him up.  But he just lies
there and watches right now.  Hopefully, he will soon
have the energy to do a little exploring.  I never
thought I would be happy about that, but I look
forward to it.  I hope this story/information gives
some of you hope who may be in the same situation.
Thanks again for your prayers and support.  Wendy and
Cricket

http://mail.yahoo.com