Hi Sandy!

It's always a little bittersweet welcoming new members to the list,
FeLV is such a devastating disease...but you won't find a more
knowledgable, more caring group of people!! :)  I'm also in the
Houston area (Seabrook, to be exact), so if there's anything you need,
please don't hesitate to get ahold of me!!

I wouldn't beat yourself up at all over what has happened...given that
it's actually quite difficult for a healthy, adult cat to contract the
virus (even if he or she has not been vaccinated--and I believe your
guys are still covered from their vaccination a few years ago...new
research indicates that vaccines are effective way beyond their
seemingly arbitrary 1 year "expiration date")...and the fact that
kittens are the most susceptible to the virus because of their
immature immune systems...it's my hunch that Kuma and your little girl
actually had the virus all along (the virus can remain sequestered in
the bone marrow causing a "false negative" on an in-house test...this
happened to one of our girls).  The more likely scenerio is that Kuma
passed the virus on to the little orange guy whose immune system
wasn't up to fighting off the virus.

As for what to do now, you will get alot of advice about treating
diarrhea from the list!  I would start by making sure everyone is
getting a good, quality diet (human-grade ingredients with meat being
listed as the first ingredient)!  Some good brands are Wellness,
Innova, Eagle Pack...Also, try starting him out on L-lysine (you can
find tablets at your local grocery store)...just crush up a 500 mg
tablet and mix into canned food twice a day.  Another medication that
you might want to try is Interferon...it helps boost the immune
system...if your vet won't get it for you, let me know and I'll get
some from my vet and get it to you!!

That's all I can think of for now...this is a wonderful list, you'll
get alot of great advice, so don't be afraid to ask about anything at
all!  And like I said, please let me know if you need anything at all!

Jen

"But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be
unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world;
You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed..." --Antoine
de Saint-Exupéry

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know
each other.  If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and
what you do not know you will fear. What one fears one destroys." --
Chief Dan George