Hideyo,
Michelle Lomax's email reminded me of the yahoo Best Friends forum Michelle Lerner turned us on to. It's for rescue organizations. I was thinking that these guys, even though most of them seemed to be established rescues, might be able to lend support/info about your plight with animal control. At the very least, I'm betting they know of research that will back you up with the FIP issue. Here's their webpage and links to join:

http://www.bestfriends.org/nomorehomelesspets/weeklyforum/forumschedule.cfm

To submit questions or comments e-mail them to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]