Hideyo Yamamoto wrote:

chasing her, I really think that he should not be freely interacting
with Rosie - I will be very concerned about her since she is a senior
cat in addition to FIV baby..

Darn! I wanted some easy solution, but I think seperation is my only solution given her age and her health... it's teh only fair solution to her, and him... well, he'll just have to do without me for the 5 hours a night I sleep!

Rosie has gotten so loveable since I moved her into my room. She's purred constantly for the last two days, and at work has been much more social.

My family owns an insurance agency, so I can bring a sick animal to work with me... But, Rosie comes every day, and sometimes I take her out shopping, too... She's got a little harness and leash, and a little snuggly that I wrap her in, and we go to Lowes or Home Depot, she goes with us...

Rosie is very standoffish, but the past few days seems apprecaitive of havign "her space" and being able to sleep in bed, in peace instead of on the cold floor behind my ironing board... Rosie has a thing for sleeping on books and catalogs, so I put her a stack on my nightstand and she sleeps there, right under my lamp. I put an incandesant bulb in and leave it on at night for her warmth, and I can reach out and touch her whenever I happen to wake up, and she has steps made out of boxes to get on the bed, since it's so high and she can't jump... But, in the night if we have to go potty (she cries in my face if she needs to potty or water), then I'll carry her into the bathroom, close the door, she does her business, I carry her back and put her back to bed.... Sweet kitty, huh?

Steph