Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 11:35 AM
Subject: Re: Sigh...

I have not been following this thread much, but here is what I do to pill:  Buy Nutrical or some other tube of gelatinous cat supplement.  Stick the pill in the middle of a gob of it.  Get behind the cat and hold the cat with one hand, while with the other opening the cat's mouth. With the hand opening the cat's mouth, use one finger to hold the lower jaw down so the cat cannot close the mouth and then with the finger that has the goo/pill  on it stick the gob on the back of the tongue or down the throat. This always works for me, even with cats hard to pill.  Another version is to cut the tip off a 1 cc or 3 cc plastic syringe so it has a wide opening, suck up some Nutrical or other goo in it, stick the pill in that, and use the syringe like a piller to pop the pill and goo down the cat's throat.
Michelle