Just thinking some more, any changes you do make should be done slowly because we all know how pattern oriented our little buddies are.

Susan Loesch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Gosh, I never thought about it from that angle -- we've been trying so hard to replicate her home environment - even went back to where she'd lived several hours away and got her food bowl and a throw that had been across the back of her mom's couch for her to sit on in her foster home.  Maybe that has been detrimental rather than helpful.  Thank you.

Barb Moermond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This kitty might be associating regular cat food with her old home, a place of horrible trauma and pain.  If at all possible, I would try to make sure that the kitty food you get is NOT the same flavor/brand as what she had been given.  You may want to reintroduce her to it little by little, making it kind of exposure therapy.  Gotta keep your attitude positive and happy at feeding time so she doesn't pick up your worry and associate that with eating.

Susan Loesch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Do you remember how long a period of time he would go before starting to eat?    I just knew there had to be other cats "out there" with similar problems.  Thank you.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
A friend's cat, who died this summer at age 17, would get unexplained anorexia every few years and lose a lot of weight, refusing to eat. He would need supportive care at the vet and would ultimately start eating again, but there was never an explanation for it other than psychological.  He stopped doing it a few years before he died.
Michelle

"My cat the clown: paying no mind to whom he should impress. Merely living his life, doing what pleases him, and making me smile."
- Anonymous

Yahoo! Personals