Thanks.  The whole Sofia Pearl situation is such a puzzle, as it sounds like it was with Kobuni.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
My friend wrote back about her cat Kobuni:  "by day 3 we almost always had him admitted and given iv fluids; this was after trying to coax him w/ tuna water, etc - he seemed to do it every 2 years or so but not in his later years - i believe by day 4 cats can do permanent damage to their livers if they dont get fluids"

So I think that once in the hospital and on fluids he must have started eating again.  But no one ever knew why he would do this to begin with.

Michelle