Hi, I have been rescuing FeLV+ cats and kittens for 14yrs. And other
cats andkittens that are not adoptable for one reason or another. I have
mixed my + & - and in all these years only 2 negatives became positive
and the vet told me they may have been + but tested negative because the
virus was in the bone marrow. I would not put the cat out to roam free
as that is not fair to the other outside cats that have not been
vaccinated. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and involved with lots
of rescue groups and know one I know or any of the many vets we use have
ever had a bad reaction to the FeLV vaccine. The Rabies vaccine is the
one that can have bad results. A neighbor just had to have a leg removed
from one of her cats after it had a Rabies vaccine