Call the ALDF office and talk to a live person.  Tell whoever answers that I told you to call (use my name, Michelle Lerner) and mention that I started the student ALDF chapter at Harvard Law School.  Tell them that I am in MA and can not help you and that I told you to call and see if a) there is anyone in their network near where you live, and b) if they have information on cases in NM or any other state in which pet limits were found unconstitutional.  Tell them that someone posted on their website that there have been some decisions ruling them unconstitutional, and that you need the citations or, even better if you do not have a lawyer to find the cases (though your boyfriend probably can find them for you with citations), copies of the decisions.
Michelle