Hi everyone,
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and your kitties are doing good.
Bandy's last blood work was in Oct..PCV 27 and weight 7.1#..so week before Christmas it was 32 and weight was 8.2#...His vet couldn't believe it...and I was a little nervous about having this done...I do go by his nose, too...and it is still very pink...When his PCV got down to 20, his nose was almost white...so I keep check on the pads, nose and ears..
I sprinkle on all his meals...some of an 800 mcg. pill of folic acid...I buy the Solaray brand at the health food store...I am giving him Co Q 10 once daily..He gets some pet tince supplement mixed with his interferon daily...and on occasion I give him an extra 1cc dose of it...I do give him bovine colostrum on all food, too..I also have some other immune stimulants that I got from onlynaturalpet.com.. all 3 of the mushrooms are in it along with green tea and Vit. E..I add omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids in salmon oil to 1 meal a day..Some other supplements I sorta rotate cause I can't give him all of it at once...I just try to make sure he eats well and so far he still is...He like dry food though and that makes it hard sometimes to get all his supplements in him...I just let him eat though..
If I hadn't had all these tests run and a bone marrow biopsy, I wouldn't believe any of it to be true...I still don't understand all the retic counts and all that...but they told me the anemia would be his worst enemy..
Anyway, if I think of anything else, I will post that as well..
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your kitties...
Happy New Year!
Kerry and Bandy