Got it!  I missed the male/female part.  I knew my own fiv was a black male, and have only dealt with a few others through the shelter.  They were all black males.........  BIG, intact males with lots of battle scars too.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Yes, Nina, I was saying in our shelter, the majority of the FIV cats ARE male, but with the female positives, most of them ARE calicos.
And, second to the female calico FIV+s, are the solid black females (FIV+).
Just an observation at our shelter....
Never really thought about "color distinction" before this thread started.
Patti