Michelle,
That's great news that Lucy isn't constipated. It seems perfectly reasonable to me that after not having a bowel movement for a few days, and then with it being hard as well, that there might be some irritation that would cause the blood. I would watch it closely though, this isn't the first time she's had blood on her stool. I remember several kitties on the IBD list having problems with constipation/hard stools after being switched to the raw diet. I thought it might have been caused by too much added calcium, but I know you were looking to avoid extra calcium in Lucy's diet. What are you feeding her?
Nina

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Well, I guess she is not constipated, because she had a normal size bowel movement a little while ago. It was solid, and had more blood on it than she has ever had-- it sort of coated one end of it. I don't know if that means colitis, or just irritation from having a solid bowel after days of not having one. The bowel looked kind of hard. Is this an IBD thing, or do you think it is just from fasting and then eating only very digestible foods? I read that fresh blood on the outside of stool indicates colitis. Thanks,
Michelle