Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:50:00 -0800
From: Belinda Sauro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Bailey - Update
To: "FeLV Talk List [New]" <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>

      Hi All,
   I just took Bailey in to the vet because his bottom is so
sore,
inflamed, red and poop oozing out (sorry to be so graphic), we
are
taking him off the clindamycine and she wanted me to take him
off the
doxy but I'm not going to.  I am going to give him a break from
all the
supps except pet tinic and metamucil.  She gave me something
called
gastriplex to help replace the good bacteria the antibiotics
are killing
off and he is going back on azithromycin as of tomorrow, had to
order it.

I have been praying for a miracle all weekend, asking my
guides, angels,
parents, everyone to help Bailey feel better and help with the
anemia.
Somebody is listening, his HCT is up to 23% from 15%, he has
been on the
epogen for three weeks and it actually went down from 18% to
15% before
it started coming up.  My vet feels it is an accuarate reading
(she said
dehydration can cause an inaccurate number but because his
protein also
went down from 7.2 to 6.4 he is not dehydrated).

We still have not heard from the pathologist, but she said she
is going
to bug them until she hears something.

Bailey is still lethargic but I attribute that to his bottom
being so
sore and the diarrhea, he probably just doesn't feel too good,
but
thankfully things are going in the right direction.  He is
getting
plently of food and weighted 8lbs 12oz on her scale, a gain
from 8lbs
6oz on mine yesterday, not sure how accurate that is, her scale
is
usually 1 oz more than mine, but he is not losing!  I was
totally
prepared for her to tell me he needed a transfusion.  So I feel
much
better now than I did a few hours ago   :)

--
 Belinda
Happiness is being owned by cats ...