Well I took Wowie (Brooklyn) to the vet today for his eye infection, which I am
now treating, and the dr said to me
"He's not neutered!!" I said well, last I was here, I was told he was at more
risk under anesthesia being FeLV+ so I am
hesitant. Asked me if he was an indoor cat I said yes, he said his urine must
stink. Actually, I said, he is very good
with the litterbox and I keep it clean so, no. Like as if that's more important
than his risks under anesthesia. THEN he
tells me, "He has a heart murmur". So i say out loud "Even MORE of a reason for
me not to put him under!!!" Am I
wrong not to neuter him? He's strictly indoor. Am I putting him at risk for
more illness? Or am I playing it safe? So,
now he has a heart murmur and I'm wondering why they didn't catch this OR the
fact that they told me today that he
has gingivitis, at his last visit a month and a half ago. They looked in his
mouth and listened to his heart so what the
heck? Dr says I need to have him get an echocardiogram. Said the murmur and the
eye infection AND the gingivitis
could be secondary to felv. I'm worried. But wowie is still happy and doing
well, any words of advice/guidance? I
have to start brushing his teeth too.
Thanks
Rebecca