Belinda,

    Dexamethasone and Depomedrol are much more powerful than prednisolone.  Buddy, Josephine, and Simon were all on pred initially (Jo and Buddy at 20 mg/day for a while), but it did not make anywhere near the kind of difference as the dex/depo shots did.  I believe the same was true for Jen's Ewok. I would try them.  I seriously would also ask to try the first of the chemo drugs, again can not remember the name but starts with E, because it can not hurt, I do not think, and if it helps you will know it is probably lymphoma and can treat as such.

    No, Simon did not waste away much. He started to, but when he rebounded from the steroids and chemo he actually started gaining weight. But he had multicentric lymphoma in his bone marrow and liver, and it did not really affect his appetite accept when he was jaundiced, and did not cause much muscle wasting either. Jo and Buddy both had terrible weight loss and muscle wasting. Jo had lymphoma in her kidneys and intestines. Buddy was never definitively diagnosed-- he had no masses anywhere, and at the time I did not know how to humanely go about finding if there was cancer in any of his organs, so we just treated him with steroids. In the beginning Buddy was actually eating normally but still losing weight.

Michelle