Tonya, I really know what you mean.  I have a bunch of health problems myself (endometriosis, polycystic ovaries syndrome, gastritis, depression, had anemia last year which I hope is better...).  I seem to only be able to medicate myself properly and get myself to the doctor when the animals are doing relatively well.  As soon as I have a long regiment of pilling or vet visits or special diets to make them, though, my own regimen goes down the drain.  It's like my brain can't hold that long a to do list and my own treatment gets dropped.  I only remember all of it when I remember to write a long list of who gets what when-- and put myself on it!  I usually do remember my necessary meds, but I often forget my supplements and vitamins and herbs and stuff...
Michelle