She was a lucky, lucky girl to have you and your husband for her purrents.  What a good Meowmy and Fafur you were to her.  She fell asleep secure in her knowledge that you loved her with all your hearts.  Now she's free, playing at the Rainbow Bridge, waiting for the day when you will be reunited.  Big hugs to you.

Goodnight, sweet Rudy.......

=^..^= Terri, Siggie the Tomato Vampire, Guinevere, Sammi, Travis, Dori and 6 furangels: RuthieGirl, Samantha, Arielle, Gareth, Alec & Salome' =^..^=

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:26 PM
Subject: Rudy - Gone

  My baby Rudy passed today at 4: PM. My husband and I stayed with her all day she slept between us, so I know she was where she wanted to be. She passed so peacefully looking in my eyes. I have lost a lot of kitties in my life but never one to go so quickly and easily. A few short breaths, no cries and she was gone.
  Rudy came into my home 13 years ago and she has been the boss ever since. I was at my front door one cold night calling my other kitties home and this pretty little girl that I had never seen before ran in my door straight to my wash room jumped on my hot water heater and stayed there for 3 days. I loved her from the first minute I saw her. I knew she was special and meant just for me. No sharing this one with my hubby. My other kitties were jealous but soon learned she was here to stay.
   Rudy was what I called my bold protector. She was not afraid of any cat or dog. If she heard me scolding another cat she would run in and slap the kitty. My 3 large dogs were also afraid of her. If one would come running at me to fast she would jump in front of me to protect me and quickly turn them around. She could be in another room and if I stubbed my toe and cried out she would come flying in to see if someone was messing with her Mama.
   She was diagnosed with felv when she was spayed. I guess she was less than one year old. She was always healthy except she lost all her teeth but one early on so her tongue was always falling out her mouth. She was hard to please with food would only eat fancy feast and not much of that. Would beg for milk and throw it right up if I gave in and gave it to her.
    I still have know good answers as to why kidney failure. The Vet says it happens in older cats. She was not anemic, but she was running a low temp. I saw know signs of sickness till Sunday morning when she started to stumble when she stood up.
  Sorry to go on so long but I needed to say how much I'll miss her sleeping in my arms, loving me completely and unselfishly. Sheila