Rita’s a super person and she & I have racked our brains to find the owners of a beautiful, clearly owned cat that she got from K. rescues!  She also took in a 17 year old and kept him as a foster when we found his owners who just could not take him back right away.  She kept in touch with them constantly, had them talk to him on the phone, sent pictures, etc.  Unfortunately, Mr. Gray passed away and Rita was just great in helping the  owners deal with their grief.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Susan Loesch
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 1:02 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: RE: Please add to the CLS -
Chris

YES!  I had some correspondence with her when it looked like our rescue group was going to Mississippi and then back straight north thru Memphis.  She'd said she could take a few Sr. kitties.   As it turned out the kitties that we were heading down to rescue were gotten out of MS. earlier (thank goodness) than we could get there - by a group from somewhere farther east, so we didn't make the trip.  I'd love to go to her shelter and just hold and pet.

Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You know in my ‘travels’ on the Katrina pets, I met a wonderful person in TN who runs a very small home based shelter for only senior kitties.  The two of you should talk as she goes through the same things you do…..  Ever heard of PurreverRanch?