Hey guys,

Posted below is a good portion of an article that was
sent to me by a girl on the hyper-T group.  I will try
to get the rest of the article.  I'm not sure it's
even going to go through, as it's long.  Here is a
link where you can read more and I believe buy
graviola: http://www.rain-tree.com/graviola.htm.  You
might want to do some more research on the graviola,
but from what this article says, it may be promising
for all living beings with cancer.

:)
Wendy

HEALTH SCIENCES INSTITUTE on GRAVIOLA

Members Alert for January 2001 Vol.5, No 7

Billion-dollar Drug Company Nearly Squashes Astounding
Research on Natural Cancer Killer

Colon and breast cancer conquered with miracle tree
from the Amazon found to be 10,000 times stronger than
chemotherapy.

Since our inception in 1996, Health Sciences Institute
has scoured the world to find cutting-edge treatments
few people have access to or have even heard about.
And sometimes, what we uncover startles
even the medical mavericks on our board. Two months
ago, we learned about an astounding cancer-fighting
tree from the Amazon that has literally sent shock
waves through the HSI network.

Today, the future of cancer treatment and the chances
of survival look more promising than ever. There's a
healing tree that grows deep within the Amazon rain
forest in South America that could literally change
how you, your doctor, and possibly the rest of the
world think about curing cancer. With extracts from
this powerful tree, it may now be possible to...
conquer cancer safely and effectively with an
all-natural therapy that doesn't cause extreme
nausea, weight loss, and hair loss protect your immune
system and evade deadly infections feel strong and
healthy throughout the course of treatment boost your
energy and improve your outlook on life.

Through a series of confidential communications
involving a researcher from one of America's largest
pharmaceutical companies, this ancient tree's
anticancerous properties have recently come to
light. Although not yet tested in human trials, the
tree has been studied in more than 20 laboratory tests
since the 1970s, where it's been shown to: Effectively
target and kill malignant cells in 12
different types of cancer, including colon, breast,
prostate, lung, and pancreatic cancer; be 10,000 times
stronger in killing colon cancer cells than
Adriamycin, a commonly used chemotherapeutic
drug ; selectively hunt down and kill cancer cells
without harming healthy cells, unlike chemotherapy.

So why isn't every health publication extolling the
benefits of this treatment? Why hasn't it been made
widely available throughout the natural-medicine
community? And, if it's only half as promising as
it appears to be, why isn't every oncologist at every
major hospital insisting on using it on all his
patients? Especially when you consider that since the
early 1990s, extensive independent research--
including research by one of today's leading drug
companies and by the National Cancer
Institute--confirms that the tree's chemical extracts
attack and destroy cancer cells with lethal precision.

Graviola is 10,000 times stronger in killing colon
cancer than Adriamycin, a commonly used
chemotherapeutic drug.

The answer to these difficult questions can only be
explained by recounting a disturbing story we recently
uncovered. More than anything else we've reported on
this year, the story of this Amazon
cancer treatment reinforces the need for groups like
HSI and illustrates how asily our options for medical
treatment are controlled by money and power. News of
this amazing tree was nearly lost forever.

A confidential source, whose account we've been able
to independently confirm, revealed that a
billion-dollar drug company in the United States tried
for nearly seven years to synthesize two of the tree's
most powerful anticancerous chemicals. In the early
1990s, behind lock and key, this well-known drug giant
began searching for a cure for cancer--while
preciously guarding their opportunity to patent it
and, therefore, profit from it.

Research focused on a legendary healing tree called
Graviola. Parts of the tree--including the bark,
leaves, roots, fruit, and fruit seeds--had been used
for centuries by medicine men and native Indians in
South America to treat heart disease, asthma, liver
problems, and arthritis. Going on little documented
scientific evidence, the company poured money and
resources into testing Graviola's anticancerous
properties--and they were shocked by the results.
Graviola was a cancer-killing dynamo. But that's where
the story of Graviola nearly ended.

The pharmaceutical company had a big problem. They'd
spent years trying to isolate and create man-made
duplicates of two of the tree's most powerful
chemicals. But they'd hit a brick wall. They
couldn't replicate the original. And they couldn't
sell the tree extract itself profitably-because
federal law mandates that natural substances can't be
patented. That meant the company couldn't protect its
profits on the project it had poured millions of
dollars and nearly seven years of research into. As
the dream of big profits evaporated, testing on
Graviola came to a screeching halt.

After seven frustrating years and without the promise
of lucrative sales, the company shelved the project
and refused to publish its findings in an independent
journal. But one responsible researcher struggled with
the decision. while understanding the company's goal
of profits, he couldn't accept the decision to hide
this unique cancer killer from the world. Following
his conscience and risking his career, he contacted a
company dedicated to harvesting medical
plants from the Amazon Rainforest and blew the
whistle. They discovered that several other teams in
the United States (in addition to that of the drug
company) had been testing Graviola in vitro (in test
tubes). The results supported the drug company's
secret findings; Graviola had been shown to kill
cancer cells.

Graviola hunts down and destroys prostate, lung,
breast, colon, and pancreatic cancers... leaving
healthy cells alone. Since November, we've been
looking closely into the research to date on Graviola.
It appears one of the first scientific references to
it in the United States was by the National Cancer
Institute (NCI). In 1976, the NCI
included Graviola in a plant-screening program that
showed its leaves and stems were effective in
attacking and destroying malignant cells. But the
results were part of an internal NCI report and were,
for some reason, never released to the public. Since
1976, there have been several promising cancer studies
on Graviola. However, the tree's extracts have yet to
be tested on cancer patients. No double-blind clinical
trials exist, and clinical trials
are typically the benchmark mainstream doctors and
journals use to judge a treatment's value.
Nevertheless, Graviola has been shown to kill cancer
cells in vitro in at least 20 laboratory tests that
our research has uncovered.

The most recent study, conducted at Catholic
University of South Korea earlier this year.

1. Revealed that two chemicals extracted from Graviola
seeds showed "selective cytotoxicity comparable with
Adriamycin" for breast and colon cancer cells. The
chemicals targeted and killed
malignant breast and colon cells in a test
tube--comparable to the commonly used chemotherapy
drug Adriamycin.

2. Another study, published in the Journal of Natural
Products, showed that Graviola is not only comparable
to Adriamycin--but dramatically outperforms it in
laboratory tests. Results showed that one chemical
found in Graviola selectively kill red colon cancer
cells at "10,000 times the potency of Adriamycin."

3. Graviola selectively targets cancer cells leaving
healthy cells untouched. Chemotherapy indiscriminately
seeks and destroys all actively reproducing cells -
even normal, healthy ones. Other
promising and ongoing research at Purdue University is
supported by a grant from the National Cancer
Institute. Purdue researchers recently found that
leaves from the Graviola tree killed cancer
cells "among six human-cell lines" and were especially
effective against prostate and pancreatic cancer
cells.

4. In a separate study, Purdue researchers showed that
extracts from the Graviola leaves are extremely
effective in isolating and killing lung cancer cells.

5. Perhaps the most significant result of the study
cited above from the Catholic University of South
Korea, and of each of the others we've found, is that
Graviola was shown to selectively target the
enemy--leaving all healthy, normal cells untouched. By
comparison, chemotherapy indiscriminately seeks and
destroys all actively reproducing cells--even normal
hair and stomach cells. This is what
causes such often-devastating side effects as hair
loss and severe nausea. In this respect, Graviola
looks to be a promising alternative or supplement to
mainstream treatments. Seven years of silence broken.

We are continuing to work conducting ongoing research
on Graviola. As more scientific and anecdotal evidence
comes to light, you'll be among the first to hear
about it. However, after seven years of
silence and hidden research, we felt it irresponsible
not to bring this to you now.

1. Unpublished data, National Cancer Institute. Anon:
Nat Cancer 1st Central Files--( 1976)
from Napralert Files, University of Illinois, 1995
2. Bioorg Med Chem 8(1):285-90, 2000
3. J Nat Prod 59(2):100-108, 1996
4. Phytochemistry 49(2):565-7 1, 1998
5. J. Nat Prod 58(6):902-908, 1995

Graviola fights more than cancer:
While the research on Graviola has focused on its
cancer-fighting effect, the plant has been used for
centuries by medicine men in South America to treat an
astonishing number of ailments, including:

- hypertension
 - rashes - boils
 - arthritis
 - high blood pressure

- ringworm
 - malaria
 - palpitations
 - ulcers
 - nausea

- influenza
 - neuralgia
 - rheumatism
 - diarrhea
 - dyspepsia

- dysentery
 - scurvy - fever
 - nervousness
 - insomnia
 - muscle spasms

Despite the mounting collection of laboratory tests
and anecdotal reports about this cancer-fighting
dynamo, Graviola may always remain an underground
therapy! Graviola has yet to be clinically
tested on animals or humans. And because Graviola is a
natural product, it can't be patented. Without the
promise of exclusive sales and high profitability, it
will likely never again draw the attention of a major
drug company or research lab. So we may never
see a double-blind clinical study on the tree that's
reported to help defeat cancer. But there's no doubt
about it--the early laboratory tests and anecdotal
reports about Graviola are very exciting. And if
you've been diagnosed with cancer, you and your
doctor should look at all the available treatment
options. Graviola may just provide the help you've
been looking for that could make...